EL PASO, Texas - October 29, 2020 - The El Paso Locomotive Youth Soccer Club, alongside the United Soccer League, announced it will kick off its inaugural USL Academy season as a founding member of the Southwest Division. The inaugural season of Academy League play is due to kick off in Spring 2021 and will provide a path to pro for the youth soccer community in El Paso.
The structure of the USL Academy League provides Locomotive Youth Soccer Club a progressive model to develop local players to the professional First Team, at a lessened cost of traditional pre-professional academies. Doing so will also enable far more clubs and communities to participate, allowing for the regional division format which limits travel demand to teams and families.
Locomotive Youth Soccer Club will be joined by seven clubs to compete in the Southwest Division of the inaugural USL Academy League. See the full list of clubs in the division below:
• Colorado Rush: Denver, CO (USL League Two)
• El Paso Locomotive FC: El Paso, TX (USL Championship)
• FC Tucson: Tucson, AZ (USL League One)
• New Mexico United: Albuquerque, NM (USL Championship)
• Orange County SC: Irvine, CA (USL Championship)
• Phoenix Rising FC: Phoenix, AZ (USL Championship)
• San Francisco Glens SC: San Francisco, CA (USL League Two)
• Ventura County Fusion: Ventura, CA (USL League Two)
Tag(s): Club News